Eight workshops on fundraising for community organisations. Funded by and delivered at Finfuture in Islington. The workshops covered the essential requirements of a good funding application. Over 50 participants benefited from these workshops.
Business support for organisations
One-to-one bespoke business support sessions to organisations on key issues faced by the organisation.
Supported organisations were:
- Caribbean Heritage Centre 2000 Ltd
- Somali welfare centre
- Sahil Housing Association
- Innovation Vision Organisation
- Carila Latin American Welfare Group
- Working Chance
- Somali Human Hope
- Alevi Cultural Centre
- Ackee Housing Project
- Refugee Workers Cultural association
- Black Women in the Arts
- Workshops funded by National Council for Voluntary Organisations (NCVO) to work with two organisations on their strategic planning. The workshops concentrated on developing a vision statement, values statement, mission statements as well looking at developing sample objectives and services.
The two organisations we worked with were:
- Aanchal - Newham based organisation supporting women and children to deal with physical and emotional abuse.
- Busoga Association - A Hackney based African & BME organisation working to reduce poverty and it’s effects in Africa and UK.
- Supporting Somali organisations in Islington and African organisations in Hackney to develop partnerships to fundraise, deliver services and share resources.