Our Vision & Mission
CAP vision is to see diverse, healthy, confident, creative and valued communities
- By being fair, supportive and working for the good of the communities, listening to all our stakeholders
Integrity & Professionalism:
- Being accountable, transparent, inclusive, honest, and trustworthy.
- Celebrate our achievements, presenting positive images of our communities, engaging with the wider community.
- Independence through strong leadership, organisation and a clear direction, as well as maintaining our organisational cultural values.
CAP mission is to develop better futures for Communities, community organisations and their members by focussing on their needs and development.
To develop the capacity and skills of members of the socially and economically disadvantaged communities in London in such a way that they are able to identify and help meet their needs and to participate more fully in society by
- Equipping people with skills and competencies which they would not otherwise have;
- Realising existing skills and developing potential;
- Promoting peoples increased self confidence;
- Promoting people’s ability to take responsibility for identifying and meeting their own and other people’s needs; and
- Encouraging people to become involved in their community and wider society in a fuller way.
To promote voluntary and community organisations in London for the benefit of the public, particularly, but not exclusively, ethnic minority organisations by
- Providing or assisting with the provision of quality assurance systems such as PQASSO;
- Providing or assisting in the provision of support, training and advice, relevant to the efficiency of the voluntary sector;
- Identifying needs in the voluntary sector and supporting the establishment of policies or projects to address them.