Community Advance Project was founded by Suj Ahmed and constituted in 2007, with the specific aim of linking different areas of community needs and community advancement. Creating linkages that may not already exist, or are not clearly focused, helping to shape better futures for our communities.
We are a registered charity working across London to develop and engage communities, particularly vulnerable or marginalised people. We have a whole systems grassroots approach to engaging with communities and working to positively impact on social issues. We endeavour to make community engagement meaningful for all parties, helping to build long term relationships. Our key areas of work are Older People, Health, Refugee and Migrant Integration, Young People, Intergenerational Work, Organisational Support and Capacity Building, Training, Research and DVD Production.
Community Advance Project wants to be able to respond to the various needs of our communities, without having to be restricted to any specific area. We want to forge strong partnerships with other organisations from the voluntary, statutory, and private sector to make a positive difference to the lives of the people we serve.
Research into and organise activities for the health, social, educational and cultural needs of communities, and offer viable solutions for their future needs by
- Researching by a variety of methods into issues and concerns of communities and the possible impact on their futures;
- Promoting results of the research, community needs and campaigning for changes to ensure better futures for communities and individuals;
- Organising health, social, educational and cultural activities and events;
- Working with older people and refugee communities to promote better health, community cohesion, and combat isolation;
- Producing training, research and documentary films.